Sunday 7 February 2016

Things aren't going to plan and a massive realisation.

There is no way I'm going to get my flower finished in the suggested 10 hours and I have realised how little I stitch. Lots of times I look at other peoples finishes and think how did they do that in such a short time and it takes me ages to do a small design and I've realised its because I don't spend a lot of time stitching.  I only work 3 days a week but I leave the house at 7.50 am and get home at 6pm. On Mondays and Wednesday's I go swimming after work so it's more like 7.30pm when I get home. Then make tea and by the time I sit down I'm too tired to start concentrating on stitching. I try and do as much as I can Thursday to Sunday's but this week did do some stitching through the day on Friday as I was poorly on the couch. 

Here's this weeks time sheet. After 2 hours 25 mins of stitching I realised I'd made a mistake. Sometimes if it doesn't affect the design too much I leave the mistake but I realised this would knock the whole pattern out. Fortunately it only took me 15 minutes to frog and then I could get on my merry way. 
Here's where I am now. 

The 2 stains on the left are red wine stains. Fortunately it doesn't affect this design but there is a lesson to be learnt there!!!! So it's taken me over 7 hours to get this far. There's no way I'll have it finished in 10 hours but I stitch for pleasure and never usually give myself time limits. I'm going to continue timing myself just because. 

Have a great Sunday. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment