Saturday 16 August 2014

Middle of the nighter





Well here I am at 3.15 in the morning wide awake thanks to a swollen, painful knee. On the plus side it's surprising how much I can get done in the middle of the night. I can catch up on my soap operas and get some stitching done. 

I'm still working on the same 2 pieces. I had hoped to get them finished before we go on our holidays on 23 august which I know I won't but I am so enjoying doing them

The first one is a vase of flowers. The colours are stunning but I'm disappointed in myself for not allowing more material at the to and bottom of the piece I totally worked out the size wrong (maths was never my strong point)  I did want to display it by stretching it over a frame but I don't know if I have allowed enough material to do this. 

The second piece I'm working on is the sister piece to 'Keep Calm and Carry on' it will say Now Panic and Freak Out' which requires very little counting so it's perfect to work on after a long tiring day at work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment